Model Certificate of Group Health Plan Coverage
*IMPORTANT--This certificate provides evidence of your prior health coverage. You may need to furnish this certificate if you become eligible under a group health plan that excludes coverage for certain medical conditions that you have before you enroll. This certificate may need to be provided if medical advice, diagnosis, care or treatment was recommended or received for the condition within the 6 month period prior to your enrollment in the new plan.
If you become covered under another group health plan, check with the plan administrator to see if you need to provide this certificate. You may also need this certificate to buy, for yourself or your family, an insurance policy that does not exclude coverage for medical conditions that are present before you enroll.
- Date of this certificate:
- Name of the group health plan:
- Name of the participant:
- Identification number of participant:
- Name of any dependents to whom this certificate applies:
- Name, address, and telephone number of plan administrator or issuer responsible for providing this certificate:
- For further information call:
- If the individual(s) identified in line 3 and line 5 has (have) at least 12 months of credible coverage (disregarding periods of coverage before a 63-day break), check here _____ and skip lines 9 and 10.
- Date waiting period or affiliation period (if any) began:
- Date coverage began:
- Date coverage ended:
(Or check if coverage is continuing as of the date of this certificate:____)
NOTE: Separate certificates will be furnished if information is not identical for the participant and each dependent.