Online Complaint Service
The Idaho Department of Insurance wants to help you resolve your complaint in a timely manner.
- The more information and supporting documentation you provide to us, the better we will be able to assist you. This includes photocopies of information from the insurance company or agent such as:
- Denial of claim from insurance company
- Explanation of Benefits
- Cancellation/non-renewal notice
- Premium due notice
- Complete all fields in the complaint form (below)
- Submit all supporting documents to the Department within 3 business days of filing this complaint. Your options for submitting to the Department will be provided once the complaint form has been successfully submitted.
Our primary purpose is to provide assistance and advice on insurance matters. If you are represented by counsel or need legal advice, we are unable to assist you. If you previously submitted a complaint on this issue, please do not complete this form. Call our office at (208) 334-4250 or (800) 721-3272. Failure to provide complete information will delay our investigation.
If this complaint is in regards to health insurance provided by your employer, it is important that you complete the internal appeal process as described in your insurance policy before filing a complaint with this Department.
When completing the problem description section, please include what you would consider to be a fair resolution to the problem. This field is limited to 2000 characters, or approximately 400 words. If you require additional space, after submitting the complaint, email information will be provided once the complaint has been successfully submitted.
Be aware that a copy of your complaint will be provided to the insurance company and/or insurance agent. If you would like to retain a copy of the completed form, please print prior to submitting the complaint.Take me to the online complaint form.