Welcome to the DOI


Find IdahoDOI on Facebook
Follow IdahoDOI on Twitter

Foreign Insurer

Idaho is a Uniform State, which accepts the Uniform Certificate of Authority Application (UCAA ).

The following documents are required to process a company reorganization:


  1. Original Idaho Certification of Authority for amendment.

  2. A certified copy of the Amended Articles of Incorporation reflecting the new organizational form.

  3. A certified copy of the Plan of Conversion.

  4. A certified copy of Certificate of Compliance.

  5. A certified copy of the Amended Bylaws reflecting the new organizational form.

  6. A certified copy of the Minutes of the Meeting indicating at least a majority of the policyholders/members casting votes approved the conversion of its corporate structure.

  7. Complete UCAA Form 2c.

  8. Certification Instructions:

    • Amended Articles, Plans of Conversion and Certificate of Compliance must be certified by the proper supervisory official in the state of domicile.

    • Amended Bylaws and Minutes of the Meeting must be certified by the company's corporate secretary with notorized signature. 

Please indicate the effective date of the reorganization in the state of domicile in your return correspondence and submit all the documents to:.

Carol Anderson, Technical Records Specialist
Examinations Section
700 West State Street, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 83720
Boise, ID  83720-0043
(208) 334-4309

Fees:  There is no fee for this filing.

Rates and Forms Filings:

Please contact the following personnel in this Department regarding policy form filings:

Donna Daniel, Senior Policy Rates and Forms Analyst
700 West State Street, 3rd Floor
Boise, ID  83720-0043
(208) 334-4362