Benefits of Using Consumer Affairs
We serve as a free resource, provide general information about insurance and respond to consumer inquiries and complaints. Our Consumer Affairs Officers specialize in many different types of insurance. All of them work diligently with consumers to help resolve disputes with insurance companies and insurance producers (agents) by:
- Acting as a liaison with the insurance company and/or producer to thoroughly investigate your written complaint and attempt to help you reach a resolution.
- Helping you get a clear response to your questions.
- Ensuring that actions by the insurance company and/or the producer are in compliance with Idaho insurance law and the terms of your insurance contract.
- Providing you with information to help you understand your insurance needs.
You may contact our specialized consumer affairs officers from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday by calling
(208) 334-4319, (800) 721-3272 or by email.
Insurance is one of the most important ways to protect your family and yourself from financial loss. However, understanding insurance and determining what kind of coverage is needed can be daunting. We offer free consumer outreach programs on a number of insurance topics including:
We can speak to your group or organization on the insurance topic you choose or will answer general questions about insurance. Click here to arrange for a speaker.