File a complaint against an insurance company or agent
The Consumer Affairs Section serves as a free resource, provides general information about insurance and responds to consumer inquiries and complaints. Consumer Affairs Officers work diligently with consumers to help resolve disputes with insurance companies and insurance producers (agents). Our primary purpose as an independent regulatory agency is to provide assistance and advice on matters within the State of Idaho pertaining to insurance products such as:
If you are unsure if your complaint involves an insurance matter or if the State of Idaho has jurisdiction, please contact us at (208) 334-4319, (800) 721-3272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you submit a complaint, please read the following:
- If you have documentation to support your complaint, please provide it to us. The more information and supporting documentation you provide, the more effectively our staff can evaluate and analyze your complaint and respond back to you in a timely manner.
- The Department of Insurance is unable to assist if you are represented by an attorney or need legal advice.
- If this complaint pertains to health insurance provided by your employer, it is important that you complete the internal appeal process as described in your insurance policy before filing a complaint with the Department of Insurance.
- If you previously submitted a complaint on this matter, please do not file another complaint. Instead, contact us at (208) 334-4319, (800) 721-3272 or email@example.com.
- If your complaint pertains to a warranty, you will need to contact the Idaho Attorney General’s office. They can be reached at (208) 334-2424, (800) 432-3545 or http://www.ag.idaho.gov/index.html.
If you have read the above and are ready to file a complaint, please click the link below. Please be sure to complete all fields in the complaint form. If you have any questions, please contact us at (208) 334-4319, (800) 721-3272 or via Email before submitting your complaint.