The Consumer Affairs Section serves as a free resource, provides general information about insurance and
responds to consumer inquiries and complaints. Consumer Affairs Officers work diligently with consumers to
help resolve disputes with insurance companies and insurance producers (agents). Our primary purpose as an
independent regulatory agency is to provide assistance and advice on matters within the State of Idaho
pertaining to a variety of insurance products
- Long Term Care
If you are unsure if your complaint involves an insurance matter or if the State of Idaho has jurisdiction,
please contact us at (208) 334-4319, (800) 721-3272 or
- If you have documentation to support your complaint, please provide it to us. The more information and
supporting documentation you provide, the more effectively our staff can evaluate and analyze your
complaint and respond back to you in a timely manner.
- If this complaint pertains to health insurance provided by your employer, we encourage you to complete the internal appeal
process as described in your insurance policy before filing a complaint with the Department of Insurance.
- If you previously submitted a complaint on this matter, please do not file another complaint. Instead, contact
us at (208) 334-4319, (800) 721-3272 or Email us.
- If your complaint pertains to a warranty, you will need to contact the Idaho Attorney General’s office. They can
be reached at (208) 334-2424, (800) 432-3545 or http://www.ag.idaho.gov/index.html.
If you have read the above and are ready to file a complaint, please click the link below. Please
be sure to complete all fields in the complaint form. If you have any questions, please contact us at (208) 334-4319,
(800) 721-3272 or Email us before submitting
The quickest way to file a consumer complaint is to file it online using the button below. However, if you
prefer to file a complaint via fax or mail, please complete and submit the following
File a complaint Online