Idaho Non-Resident Business Entity Paper Application Checklist
Download and Fill Out Application
- Producer license $80, payable to Idaho Department of Insurance
- If adding lines to an existing license, there is no fee. Please use the Add Lines Request form and send with current license. Businesses must list a registered producer who carries the line of authority for that line.
- Officer of the firm must sign and date application
- Business must be registered with the Secretary of State and must be incorporated as one of the following entity types: corporation, limited liability partnership, limited liability company, partnership.
- At least one producer must be registered to the business license as the designated, responsible producer and should be listed on the application where appropriate. This producer must be licensed in Idaho and carry the lines of authority of the business. Multiple producers may be listed to cover the lines of authority if needed.
- Appointments: The appointing insurer may attach an appointment (INS-LIC-APPT-07) form with the application OR file a notice of appointment within fifteen (15) days from the date the agency contract is executed or the first insurance application is submitted. Applications are valid without an appointment unless noted in license types below as a requirement.
- Attach a check or money order in the amount of $80 made payable to Idaho Department of Insurance.
- Variable line will require CRD number for FINRA verification of a securities license. Must have active registrations with FINRA.
- Adjuster license use NAIC Uniform Application and write IND ADJUSTER across top front of application and send with $80.
- Public Adjuster use NAIC Uniform Application and write PUBLIC ADJUSTER across top front of application and attach bond or Irrevocable Letter of Credit in the amount of $20,000 and fee of $80. See Public Adjuster page on DOI website for more information regarding this license type.
- Surplus Line: Idaho does not license agencies for Surplus Lines. Agency must carry the P&C license and have registered producer carrying both P&C and the Surplus Lines license. See Surplus Lines page on DOI website for more information regarding this license type.
- Bail Bond agency please attach bond and appointment from Surety Company
- MGA: please request MGA application packet from licensing. See below for contact information.
- TPA: please go to the Third Party Administrator section under Licensing Services on DOI website for application, forms and information.
- Title Agency: please go to the Title Agent section under Licensing Services on DOI website for application, forms and information.
Mail completed and signed application (with any additional required items) to:
Idaho Department of Insurance
700 W State Street, 3rd Floor
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0043
Questions? Please contact:
Producer Licensing Section or call 208-334-4250 and ask for Producer Licensing