Idaho Non-Resident Individual License Checklist for Paper Application
Download and Fill Out Application
- NAIC Uniform Application for Individual Insurance Producer License
- Do not use the application to add a line of authority to an existing license as Idaho does not charge a fee to add a line. Please get the Add Lines Request form from our website and send with current license copy.
- If you have been licensed in Idaho as a resident or non-resident in the past, please contact the department to be sure you do not need to reinstate or reactivate your former license.
- Producer license $80, payable to Idaho Department of Insurance
- Sign and date application
- Appointments: The appointing insurer may attach an appointment (INS-LIC-APPT-07) form with the individual's application OR file a notice of appointment within fifteen (15) days from the date the agency contract is executed or the first insurance application is submitted or anytime after the license is issued. Appointments cannot be backdated more than 15 days or prior to licensure.
- Attach a check or money order in the amount of $80 made payable to Idaho Department of Insurance.
- Variable line will require CRD number for FINRA verification of securities license on license application. Must also carry the Life line of authority.
- Adjuster license use NAIC Uniform Application and write IND ADJUSTER across top front of application and attach licensing fee of $80.
- Surplus Lines license is a separate license requiring its own application (use NAIC Uniform Application) and fee ($80). Individuals must also carry a P&C producer license. See surplus lines page on DOI website for more information regarding this license type.
- Bail Bond agent use NAIC Uniform Application and attach bond in the amount of $15,000 and appointment from Surety Company, and licensing fee of $80.
- Public Adjuster use the NAIC Uniform Application and write PUBLIC ADJUSTER across the top front of the application and attach bond or irrevocable letter of credit in the amount of $20,000 and licensing fee of $80. See Public Adjuster page on DOI website for more information regarding this license type.
Mail completed and signed application (with any additional required items) to:
Idaho Department of Insurance
700 W State Street, 3rd Floor
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0043
Questions? Please contact:
Producer Licensing Section or call 208-334-4250 and ask for Producer Licensing.