Welcome to the DOI


Follow IdahoDOI on Twitter

Producer Online License Application

Please choose one of the following services for resident or non-resident online license application :


The following license types are available through online services:

  • Producers/Limited Lines Producers
  • Adjusters
  • Bail Agents
  • Surplus Lines

NOTE: If you have been previously licensed in Idaho or are changing from resident to non-resident or vice versa or if your license has been expired over 1 year, you must apply via paper. Please contact the Licensing Section for instructions and fees. Paper applications can be found at www.doi.idaho.gov by clicking on PRODUCERS, then resident or non-resident and looking for the application for individual or business entity. Instructions are listed before applications.

NOTE: If you are adding lines to an existing license or reactivating a cancelled license that currently has a future expiration date, there are no fees and you need to get the appropriate form from our website:

If this is a reinstatement of a license expired less than one year, please get the proper reinstatement form. Contact the Licensing Section if you are a resident and need information regarding CE penalities or retesting requirements for reinstatement.

NOTE : the following license types must apply by paper :

  • Third Party Administrator (click here for forms and information)
  • Managing General Agent (request forms from the Licensing Section)
  • Reinsurance Intermediary (request forms from the Licensing Section)
  • Title Agency (click here for forms and information)

Non-citizen resident applicants must fax a copy of work authorization or green card to 208-334-4398 with a note that this is an attachment for an application in-house.

Surplus Lines applicants must currently have an active producer Property & Casualty license before applying for Surplus Lines. Non-residents must hold the Surplus Lines license in their home state, in addition to the Property/Casualty producer license in both home state and Idaho before applying for this license. Non-residents may apply for both licenses at the same time if applying by paper. Residents must hold a P&C license for a minimum of 2 years before applying for a Surplus Lines license.

Bail agents must forward an original $15,000 bond and an appointment from a Surety company with a note explaining that the attachment is for an application in-house.

Limited Line applicant must submit a signed attestation page from the Limited Lines Manual with a note explaining that the attachment is for an application in-house.

Independent Adjusters must be licensed in home state if applying online. If licensed outside of home state, apply by paper application.

Public Adjusters must attach or forward $20,000 bond or Irrevocable Letter of Credit in the amount of $20,000.

If you have answered any background questions with a “yes” response, please send:

  • Written statement explaining incident and circumstances
  • Certified copy* of charging document
  • Certified copy* of official document which demonstrates the resolution of the charges or any final judgment

Please include name, NPN# or FEIN and vender transaction number or ID on correspondence. Please forward by any of the following means to:

  MAIL : Attn: Producer Licensing
Idaho Department of Insurance
700 W State Street, 3rd Floor
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0043
  FAX : 208-334-4398
  EMAIL: Producer Licensing Section

Resident individuals must have passed the appropriate exam and submitted fingerprints electronically through PSI. Book your exam or locate the nearest center for fingerprinting at www.psiexams.com.

Business Entities must be a legal business type:

  • Partnership
  • Limited Liability Company
  • Limited Liability Partnership
  • Corporation

Business applications must list at least one registered producer who is already licensed in Idaho and carries the lines of authority of the business. Apply by paper if you need both individual and business entity licensed at the same time.